I'm not the show off, this blog is....

Naturally drawn to beautiful decor, rich textures and designing, I created this blog as an outlet to post about my decorating and DIY adventures. If one of my pictures inspire you, simply hover over the photo and pin! If you have a question please leave a comment or email me using the 'Contact Me' link below. Interested in Home Staging services in north Atlanta? Please click on 'Staging Services' below for more details. Thank you!

Looking for a specific post or picture?

Wednesday, November 28

Christmas touches 'round here

It's not December yet, but we are getting ready for the holidays 'round here!  I love decorating for the holidays and it's so much more fun now that my 4 year old can participate and get into the holiday spirit and really understand what's going on. We play Christmas music and drink wine (me) and hot cocoa.  It's all about creating memories & tradition for the kiddos!

The tree is going up this weekend and we will also be decorating our front porch!  So far though, I managed to decorate the buffet table in the dining room. 



Here is what I did:

  • Added red ornaments to a large hurricane vase
  • Hung ornaments from the candle holders (that were already there)
  • Placed the lantern that used to be in the living room on the buffet and draped red holiday beaded garland around to make it more festive
Simple and un-cluttered.  There is nothing worse than a cluttered holiday set up.

Here is what the buffet looks like normally (non-holiday)


In the pic above do you can see our console table with the vase and pussy willows?  To dress that up a bit, I added red glittery snowflake ornaments to a couple branches.  At night when the lamp is on, the snowflakes glisten, its pretty subtle but I'm happy with it.


So that's what we've done so far.  Be sure to come back for more holiday themed pics and posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity