I'm not the show off, this blog is....

Naturally drawn to beautiful decor, rich textures and designing, I created this blog as an outlet to post about my decorating and DIY adventures. If one of my pictures inspire you, simply hover over the photo and pin! If you have a question please leave a comment or email me using the 'Contact Me' link below. Interested in Home Staging services in north Atlanta? Please click on 'Staging Services' below for more details. Thank you!

Looking for a specific post or picture?

Thursday, July 26

Master Bedroom {Sitting Area} Inspiration and Reality

The latest area of focus in the house has got to be our master bedroom.  The decor in there hasnt been touched.  It's simply a bed, dressers and a TV and a large empty space that will be a sitting area.

I've been casually looking around everywhere for inspiration and have a few ideas for the space.  

For the inspiration we have: (real life pics follow below)....

The chair, pillows, side table, mirror - it all works perfectly!
   
Loving the chevron striped curtains and orange striped wall -- I think I may do a focal chevron wall in our bedroom

Pops of yellow and simple neutral tones -LOVE this!


and here is the reality...

Plain wall, empty space...beige and white. BLAH!


Here is the view from other side of the room looking into the master bathroom -- more beige!


View from doorway -

So yep, lot's to do in here.  I'm still debating what to do on the walls.  I have a few ideas but I am being lazy about them for now as they all involve a lot of patience.  But what project doesnt?

Anyway, the chairs for the sitting area have been ordered and shipped!  So check back frequently for progress pics.  I may or may not get started on the focal wall this weekend.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity