I'm not the show off, this blog is....

Naturally drawn to beautiful decor, rich textures and designing, I created this blog as an outlet to post about my decorating and DIY adventures. If one of my pictures inspire you, simply hover over the photo and pin! If you have a question please leave a comment or email me using the 'Contact Me' link below. Interested in Home Staging services in north Atlanta? Please click on 'Staging Services' below for more details. Thank you!

Looking for a specific post or picture?

Monday, July 30

DIY Cornice Boards

Like a lot of my projects, I found my inspiration from photos like these on houzz.com

Wrap around cornice with nailheads
Cornice with button tufting
I love the simple look of cornices, specifically in the kitchen.  They can be designed to fit any design style depending on the fabric and embellishments you use.  For me, I wanted something with clean lines that would add a bit of color in the kitchen.  I hate ruffled valances and other cheesy "kitchen" curtains.  So with a sheet of plywood (cut to my measurements), a few screws, staple gun, batting and fabric I made my own cornice boards one a Saturday.  Here they are:





So now the pop of blue from the cornices in the kitchen, nicely tie in with the blue stenciled bookcases (DIY steps to that project here).


I will post the DIY steps in another post.  I first need to gather all the photos from the actual project and put it all together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity