I'm not the show off, this blog is....

Naturally drawn to beautiful decor, rich textures and designing, I created this blog as an outlet to post about my decorating and DIY adventures. If one of my pictures inspire you, simply hover over the photo and pin! If you have a question please leave a comment or email me using the 'Contact Me' link below. Interested in Home Staging services in north Atlanta? Please click on 'Staging Services' below for more details. Thank you!

Looking for a specific post or picture?

Tuesday, April 17

Decorative pillows and other small changes!

It has been a pretty dreary rainy week here in Atlanta and the upstairs living room has been looking really blah as well.   Although I stenciled the built in's, the space still needed more color, maybe a big area rug (Sisal or Jute)? and an ottoman?

So this week Mr. Show Off and I went out to find an ottoman for the void of space in the center of the room.  I really wanted something cream and round (to break up the squareness of the sectional).  However,  we ended up finding a large square ottoman at the outlet store of the furniture store where we brought our sectional.  Although it was not the cream or round I wanted I figured at a price of $99 (it is $299 in the store when we brought our sectional) I would work with it.  The reason it was marked down $200?  One of the wooden feet is chipped and loose - we already fixed the loose leg with a $2 extra long screw and the chip will get spray painted -- love the deal we got on that!!

Here it is before the pillows & ottoman



Here is the space now after adding the ottoman and a few pillows that I picked up from Home Goods.  


And yes, this is a sectional, however, I decided (for the time being) that I like the sectional pulled apart for more of a couch and love seat/chaise feel.  I will probably push it back together at some point but for now I am liking it like this...

Ignore the kitchen in the background, I pulled down the curtains to wash and forgot to move them for the picture

So still on the to do list is finding a rug - I am pretty set on a something casual, Sisal or Jute.  Any suggestions or recs on where to find one, please let me know...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shiron,
    You have a lovely home! This is my first time on your blog, so you may have talked about this but I as wondering more about the wall art you have hanging behind the lamp in the corner. Is it made of wood? Do you happen to remember where you got it? Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! Glad you found me :) The wall art on that wall came from Home Goods. I found it there a few months ago so not sure if they still have them around (haven't seen any @ my local store) but yes, it is wood, a very light-weight wood, almost like bamboo. The circles are the same material, only thinner & more pliable. Hope this helps!

      Delete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity