I'm not the show off, this blog is....

Naturally drawn to beautiful decor, rich textures and designing, I created this blog as an outlet to post about my decorating and DIY adventures. If one of my pictures inspire you, simply hover over the photo and pin! If you have a question please leave a comment or email me using the 'Contact Me' link below. Interested in Home Staging services in north Atlanta? Please click on 'Staging Services' below for more details. Thank you!

Looking for a specific post or picture?

Wednesday, January 18

Dining room progress

Havent paid much attention to the dining room since it's not really used all that much.  When you come in through the front door, its on your right and directly across from my office, the main reason why I finally decided to do something in here.  I literally sit and stare into the dining room all too often when I am on long conference calls.  Since we moved in, all we did was paint it a medium gray color by Martha Stewart called 'Cement Gray'.  We also DIY our own drum pendant that I will post about later but for now here is one small update.



I am still not sure if I will leave the decor on there or replace with 2 table lamps.  I guess if I find two lamps that I have to have I will probably change it up, but for now I think this works. (Forgot to cut / peel the tags off the glass water bottles)


What I especially love about this buffet is the storage cabinet...perfect spot for wine and liquor.


or napkins, napkins rings, coasters and other dining room items.



I also like the open shelf on the bottom.  I am thinking I may put a decorative bowl or white platters down here or keep it minimal and maybe add small plants in pretty pots?  Not sure, still playing around with ideas.

Here is an alternate view showing the drum pendant that was DIY project (it's looking a bit crooked in this picture huh?) I will post the DIY instructions in another post soon.


2 comments:

  1. Love the gray paint. What color is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Felicia! its Cement Gray by Martha Stewart.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity