I'm not the show off, this blog is....

Naturally drawn to beautiful decor, rich textures and designing, I created this blog as an outlet to post about my decorating and DIY adventures. If one of my pictures inspire you, simply hover over the photo and pin! If you have a question please leave a comment or email me using the 'Contact Me' link below. Interested in Home Staging services in north Atlanta? Please click on 'Staging Services' below for more details. Thank you!

Looking for a specific post or picture?

Thursday, January 12

Entryway update!

I went out today at lunch to try and find decorative shelf paper to line the back of our built - in's in the family room and ended up coming home with something totally different...and for a whole different space...the entryway.

I ended up at the home decor store Home Decorator's Collections and found a piece of art that I had to have! It was the perfect length, style, price - everything about it worked.

Here is what this wall has looked like over the past couple months:

Plain - This is how it looked a few days after moving in...nothing hung yet



I love B&W pics (we have a lot of B&W art in the house but this look wasn't really doing it for me




And this is what I found today - I am partial to Subway art....I did my own DIY version last month...and being from Connecticut, I am partial to NYC so this piece was perfect in more than one way.   


Here it is a little closer


And there you have it.  It comes on a scroll that opens up and has a thin tweed rope for hanging.   There were two styles, this one (places in NYC) and another one of places in Paris.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your gorgeous home! And subway art is my obsession too, I will never tire of it.

    Thx so much for following my blog all this time! =) Seeing your comment on the Nest made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Freckles Chick - thank you! Yep, love your blog - I am especially in LOVE with your carrera marble subway tile in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity