I'm not the show off, this blog is....

Naturally drawn to beautiful decor, rich textures and designing, I created this blog as an outlet to post about my decorating and DIY adventures. If one of my pictures inspire you, simply hover over the photo and pin! If you have a question please leave a comment or email me using the 'Contact Me' link below. Interested in Home Staging services in north Atlanta? Please click on 'Staging Services' below for more details. Thank you!

Looking for a specific post or picture?

Thursday, March 31

Home Office (CT - first house)

Since I work from home (I work in Human Resources) I decided to give my home office a little attention.  This is the wall you see when you enter the room.  I really like how the white matting in each frame makes the picture pop.  I didnt want the usual boring picture arrangement so I hung them staggered for an assymetrical affect....



I DIY'd the zebra hanging.  That's leftover fabric from the office chair that I re-upholstered.  The frame used to be dark brown so I just spray painted it glossy black to match the rest and ta-dah!


What I see when seated at my desk.....on the table is my scrapbooking storage drawer cube (I've done scrapbooks for babygirl) from Target.  Photo boxes from IKEA, round tray from Target, 2 magazine holders from IKEA & a swing arm table lamp from Pier 1 Imports


and here is another corner of my office with the chair I reupholstered (click here for the post)  and my DIY vision board ( I need to tighten the ribbon).  The lamp is from Bombay Company...it used to be brass (I spray painted it black) and I changed the lampshade to the large drum you see it with.  The lampshade is a blueish gray color.  You can a little peek of my chandeleir also...



My desk is no longer set up here, I moved things around - that lamp is no longer on my desk either - its moved to the cabinet.


I found this cute white laquer box at Marshalls

I keep it on my desk to store pens, tape, calculaters, hi-lighters and such...It helps keep my desk less cluttered looking

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity